Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Happy 5th work Anniversary to me 💖

Yup, it's a massive milestone: 5 years completed in a single organization, and I deserve a celebration!

Happy 5th Googleversary, Ruu! 🎈✍️💖

As I reflect on this blog post, it feels like a significant part of my life has been dedicated solely to work. Now, a small fear creeps in: What will I do if I don't have work to earn a living? Will I be able to survive? Can I lead a meaningful life? These are real fears that sometimes trouble me, but on other days, I have bigger things to deal with, and life feels normal.

To be honest, I'm not one to make a big deal about such anniversaries or birthdays. However, this 5th year anniversary feels like a turning point in many ways, and I wanted to reflect on the events that led me to this day on my journey from September 3, 2019 to september, 3  2024.

The journey of the past five years as an Administrative Business Partner has been a rollercoaster ride, filled with rewards and many firsts. From the C19 lockdown to my first and last offsite with the ex-team in Sri Lanka, the network I built and maintained during remote work, the leadership I supported, the knowledge I gained, and the challenges I overcame, I've grown significantly both personally and professionally.

The international trips, friendships, support, and recognition I've received have been incredibly rewarding. Leading and participating in various communities, especially those focused on tree plantations and government schools, has been a passion of mine.

Reflecting on the most rewarding experiences, it's not about the paycheck, wealth, or travel. It's about being remembered and appreciated for my contributions, even after leaving a team.

These five years have also strengthened my ability to advocate for myself, speak up, and mentor others. In a way, I've lived a fulfilling professional life, which brings me peace. While not everything can be achieved in life, knowing that a higher power has a plan for our growth keeps my hopes intact.

Looking back on my collective work experience of approximately 19 years, life has been kind and rewarding. I am deeply grateful and excited for what the future holds. 

No comments: