Monday, May 29, 2023

A vacation which was no less than home coming

Back in Bangalore, sitting alone and reminiscing about last 10 days of vacation which feels like a jiffy. I am still settling my thoughts and feelings - the euphoria and fun with childhood friends, staying with family & all the cousins plus kids, those late nights with cards games - the cheer and laughters, soulful food and home that felt like a celebration as if it was a marriage :)

My mind isn't able to go back to any particular day or time to make note of, rather jumping from one to another episodes or is hearing voices of sisters and friends, eyes are becoming blurry with happy tears which felt and saw the transition - how the hardest of heart melts at last, how we all get time to converse our truest fears, feeling and worries...how family come together and we each have some traits of the other. How we all find comfort in that togetherness, how the elderly becomes so accepting of life.

Each one of us was welcomed with a lamp and Kumkum tilak, the house was decorated with lamp and lights, event plants bloomed and so did the faces of everyone at home. It's hard to focus and not cry and I also know that each-one of us are feeling the same pain of departing after this vacations. For sisters who are married, i sense the pricelessness of such vacations which are very limited for them where as me (unmarried one) I do not have to think twice to visit home but yes, I do had distanced myself emotionally for a many years and I visited only coz I had to. This time it was different and was more holistic and peaceful. I was immersed in the simple joys of being a masi, bhua, sister, daughter, niece etc. I let go of the limitation of a image I had created for myself, I was flowing freely with each passing day. 

I know I won't be or rather I might end-up oversharing hence will stick to the best of the events that I am able to recall from all that I loved about my vacations with family:
  1. Onwards Train journey of 24Hrs. And the successful week at work was a cherry on the cake.
  2. Bade papa & Gogo coming to receive me at the station inspite of me asking not to. Some actions gets tattooed on the heart like forever.
  3. Meeting and spending one day with Mishu and how she declared me as the most pyaari Bhua for putting Nail-paint for her. 
  4. Tiny plants that I had taken from BLR which bade papa added to his nursery and they all were so accommodative of the new environment and bloomed.
  5. Evening walk with mom on day 2 and some heart to heart conversations followed by gratitude checklist.
  6.  Day 2 - welcoming Bhua and her kids + all the laughter and teasing :). Busy mornings in the kitchen and guest, friends, or some distant relatives visiting which was such a surprise :p
  7. So many hampers of home made food items bought by each of the visiting guest, I din't go with anything special though except - ragi powder :(
  8. Visit to Bir farm where I sense the pride in Papa's eyes while showing his new land & sharing the grace of God how things came together to favour the purchase and the langar at jiji's homemade Gravy aloo and poori with kheer. All the photoshoot etc
  9. Ice-cream & kulfi evenings! with friend and family and later late hour cards game at Neeti's house. <3. Though I only won 50 Rs (lost 650 :D) but thought memories will be precious. 
  10. Attending a grand wedding (Manali from seoni) and Mama - Mami's visit plus late night conversations.
  11. Visit to vaikunthnagar Dadaji & Dadiji' home. The Humble heart with which they always heal me and my being. I love taking a visit in that varanda and remember my childhood. It was a blessing always.
  12. SnapChat face filter on Babaji and kids and endless laughter and how Babaji suggested that we have one for all the demises messages on family chat group :P
  13. Two Dinners at the Shree Lalaji kitchen - with Sagar & Family + with Gaurav & all.
  14. One day visit to Nani and hogging on delicious pure seasonal fruits - Falsa, Blue berries, Rose apples, mangoes, Raw mango chutney's etc.
  15. Pani-puri with friends & Gogo
  16. New electric bike purchase from Grover Aunty (221060)
  17. The news of Nikita Bhabhi's & vikky Bhaiy's twins! 27th May + Ozzi's Birthday.
  18. Local shopping
  19. Heart to heart conversation with Papa about Mom and what all is bothering her and some laughter :)
  20. Another visit to Farm with Neha and Surana family!
  21. All the 4 days of Kachori + samosas & home made Butter + the local freshly baked bread (sachi)
  22. Impromptu visit to Omkareshwar and drive with mikki to Indore.
  23. Walk, shopping and gifting + coconut crush with Badimummy @Indore and all the picture sharing + Talks.
  24. Coincidence that the dates of my last tour home and Omkareshwar matched that from year 2015 and 2022  
  25. Dhabha food (singh's Dhaba on Indore highway) with Mikki and munching on local cucumbers + best of 90's songs.

Pics to be updated sooon.....

No comments: