Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

My Escape : Movies on-board

For memory's sake, jotting a few magical moments from this trip:

Three months of constant changes at work, personal & professional commitments, travels and associated packing and planning!! Ufff...gets too much at times or say always...I guess I attract such busyness.
To get over the lingering fatigue from all these, the best way for me is to get lost in a story and while onboard, I start to unwind with some movie and those movies must feel like a calling...

My first movie was : Silent Friend 🍀🪷... Where there were research being done on plants and trees and how they are similar to us humans...who seek companionship, communicate, feel...just that they are not tied to a timeline (that's what I am able to put in words...in my limitedness of this topic) The whole story or say the play spoke to my soul...a belief I hold deeply in my heart.

Today, during my return and on the last leg of four hours from Singapore to Bangalore, I was not so keen on any movie but I also had to keep my mind to not get into time anxiety or the futuristic loop...by thinking of the pile-up of work so looked for a short movie and I came across a movie named 'A Good year'...the thumbnail of that movie on the virtual library of the flight screen appealed to me and then for a second, I reflected that this year too is almost reaching it's end...so might as well, I watch that one :).

I loved the slow paced living which was shown in the movie, I loved how time and again the movie beautifully recalled and reminded that if you find something good, you hold on to it..you let it grow,
What it is to love something beyond our own life,
While watching that movie, a dream was born that I wish to live that Countryside life someday and also do a small tour of France/ winery...🤞.

The songs of this movie steered something in me and I had to use the washroom to let my tears out, it was also some sort of strong homesickness I felt that I couldn't control my emotions from flowing...
Well, I am not hurt-proof or leak-proof...☺️💪

I tried distracting myself with various genres of music and constantly switching them, trying breathing exercises but wasn't much successful...atlast some Bohemian Rhapsody saved me from further embarassment..we will we will rock you!! (At max volume)

And overall, yup stories via movies or books keeps me going :)



When vegan (mistakenly had egg white omlette) failed and chips came to my rescue but wait...i also got a complimentary 150 SGD voucher and a swan emrald watch on my wishlist is ready...but need to find a Singapore address to get it delivered!

Fruits that are so chilled as if grown in a fridge not on a farm!
One that adds to the tooth sensitivity (yeah, the signs of aging)

Redwood trees and tiny me :)


Memories passed from generations 
(I picked up a small clay charm which has a mother holding a baby for my neighbour...I just loved it...even though it wasn't on sale...I asked them I would be willing to buy for a friend because she is gonna be a mommy soon and the boba shop owner agreed 💕)


Capitola and that one sight of a guy with his dog and boat...added depth and substance to this click

Who else! I love to pose...

 Guatemalaa (single origin) that I had ordered out of temptation for a hot coffee but gut-e-mala hogaya 😀 

The funny thing was I was keeping a note of what all I have purchased as gifts and the list of gift worthy people to consider 😃😃...

I wrote my name too ...coz 'Me apni favourite hoo!!'



No comments: