Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2024

Grateful for Everyday blessings

Today I struggled to pin on one particular topic to write about, to the extent that I felt I can probably call it a closure for this blog. The underlying thought was - I shouldn't be forcing myself to write. Whereas on the other extreme of all this, I remembered a few cheerful events like how one day, out of no-where my brother sends me a sweet video thanking me for being his sister. This made my day and it brought a smile on my face and filled my heart with peace in the knowing that atleast in some arena of my life I am of some value to someone.

Then I remembered the beautiful double decker rainbow that I witnessed day before, from my balcony after a soulful rain shower at terrace and some random chitchat with my neighbour friend and how she is such a blessing in my life and how I had missed her when I went home this time. It was a strange and a bit overwhelming feeling to know that she also missed me a lot while she was away for a month or so. 

(There are two rainbow in this pic) 


Then I remembered, this recurring thought of resigning from my job and how I started to replay my last working day in my mind and became  attentive to every blessing that I have just because I have this job... including the very phone/ laptop I am using to share my thoughts via this blog. The car that pick me up and drop me back home from work, two meals of the day, even the beverages of choice all thru the day, the citrus fruit that I took that day and the fun people around me, the best of managers who genuinely care for me and they hear me out when I am disturbed, seeking meaningful advices etc. 

How on days when I am unwell, I can just stay in my bed, my neighbour's kindness and love will feed me all three meals, my account will still get the salary and I can feel free to detach from work where as, I know a few folks who are denied of such blessings and can't even rest with a throbbing headache, have to travel for work irrespective, have to be dependent on hotels for each meal of the day and some are heavily dependent on medicines.

All this made me realise there could be a day I might run out of topics to write about but never a day to not be able to count on my blessings.

With gratitude in my heart and mind, prayers for everyone's wellbeing and ease, I signoff. ❣️



No comments: