Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Buddha Poornima and 'The Guru'

After dinner, I returned home and was parking my two wheeler. Just then,  I hear my cellphone beep...it was an invite notification from the yoga institute to join the live 'Full Moon' Meditation via YouTube, starting at 8 pm.

I had read about this Purnima (5/23, Full Moon night) that it was the most auspicious one; it was Buddh Poornima (the day when Gautama attained Nirvana). I had totally forgotten about this date but the notification was well in time and I decided to participate in the meditation. I was running a few mins late to the livestreaming and my usual routine for such meditations is to do them under the open sky, at the open terrace -  feeling the vastness and mystic nature of the celestial beaut! One that of the blanket of sky decorated with the luminisence of the Moonlight.

I was excited! I had taken my yoga mat with me and as I sat for meditation, I took some time to settle with the rush and anxiety.

Slowly, I started to focus on the discourse while adoring the Irresistible beauty of the moon. It was a cloudy evening and moon was partially visible due to the heavy mass of moving clouds but it was a wonderful feeling to just continue to gaze at it.

The discourse started acknowledging the importance of this full moon and how we all should be under the grace of a Guru (the guiding light) and that statement made me ponder as to who is my Guru?..Do I even have one?... possibly I do, I had requested God in my childhood to handhold me in one of his own forms and guide me in my life. In my mind I scanned thru all people in my life, religious Guru's, Idols of God and Goddess and wondered who is my Guru?. Gazing the passing clouds, almost as if I was surfing thru my eyes in the belief that the veil of clouds would disappear and I would get a glimpse of the full moon before it goes away again, I asked the soft and shimmery moon - If it would know who my Guru is? And just like that, I felt a  transition in my mind, I was transported back to a moment when I was sitting at a dark corner of the Pondicherry promenade beach on a a Full moon night and I was engaged in deep conversation with the gushing waves as they were something that soothed me on my days when I was too lost, alone, carried deep hurt and a baggage of abandonment. The whole experience was surreal and the moving clouds were adding a element of waves, one that I had witnessed at Pondy. 

And that's that! I had my answer. I recollected numerous trips that had taken to just be by the beach, any time of the day, something pulled me towards it all the time and Yes, it wouldn't be wrong if I say that Pony Beach has been my Guru, my guiding light, my safe heaven and home, my inner calling, and compass. My inspiration and source of wisdom in those wordless conversations, my book reading buddy and my heart ❣️

I it made me realise how perfect the anatomy of celestial plan is....even in that movement of cloud over the shiny moon has a purpose ....to create an illusion of sea waves and how beautiful and timely the revelation was. 

No comments: