Sunday, April 16, 2023

Titbits : refreshing and tiny joyous moments

Two days back I wanted to write a song for myself.
Early into this thought I got four lines that goes like :

Messy home
Scattered thoughts 
overwhelming emotions and
a struggle to beat them all....

the funny part was that I continued to repeat these lines in my mind with the music stolen from some random movie's title tracks or songs that I believe I have had heard ....and possibly that's why they were accessible from my subconscious brain. But eventually my will was stronger than anything else and I ended-up successfully closing all my office work for the day, Cooking/ ordering, kitchen cleaning and even sorting clothes and getting them ironed ..including the messy to tidy home! so no more that messy song.

In the recent past, I've had many refreshing and tiny joyous moments, and I wanted to capture them in this post and I name it as Titbits of life (for my love of those mouth fresheners)!

1. A Coco-Nutty Affair !

In March, I was trying to increase my hemoglobin levels and stop irregular bleeding. I relied on home remedies and got some groceries delivered. The groceries included dry coconut, jaggery balls, and beetroots. When I opened the package, I realised that I had accidentally ordered two bags of dry coconut and no beetroots. I was tired and didn't feel like dealing with it, so I just put the groceries away. I also told my neighbor, who was on vacation, that she could have some of the extra dry coconut.
A few weeks later, I went to the kitchen to refill some dry coconut. I grabbed the same transparent poly bag with the ease of it being a hard shelled dry coconut but to my shock it was soft and little squishy. I was almost about to scream thinking it to be a dead mouse or something strange in my hand. Then I realised that I had grabbed the beetroot which I had mistakenly added to the store.

I felt silly laughing at myself that day :D 

2. Mallika-e-hemoglobinellanous !

One such day, the cooking gas in my home got over and I had to use my neighbour's kitchen for all my cooking needs and thankfully they weren't there and had given me the house keys. I was hopeful that my gas tank will be changed in a day or two but it got delayed due to my health and me avoiding to lift heavy objects plus, there was a lot of heavy planters around the gas chamber and for that I had to wait for my owner's Son-in-law to get free from his day job and fix it.

One such day I was chatting with my other neighbour while cooking at her home...she asked me what I cooked and I sent her a Pic of my beetroot masala rotti and conversation went like this :)

Me: Making at ur home
She: Okay. What special?
Me: (Shared a pic of pink  beetroot masala rotti ) and asked U?
She: Had food already 🥚
She: Mujhe lagta tum lal aur Hari bhari ho jaogi khoon ke chakkar mein 😂
Me: 🤣
Me: But khoon to aata hi ja raha hai so...🤷‍♀️
She: 😂
Me: Beetrella n palakishious
She: Milake hemoglobinellanous🤣
Me: 🤣🤣🤣🙏🏻

3. Fu_k finger got puffy!
Since a few weekends have been attending tree plantation drive with a group of retired folks who are also rotary club members. While on this drive, last weekend I happened to injure my middle finger of left hand with small Bruce from a metal enclosure which is used as a protective cover around the tender plant and which went unnoticed thru the day unless I stop for breakfast at a small hotel for idly and while washing my hands... I realised there is some sensation on my middle finger and something felt odd when a looked attentively I saw that my middle finger is swollen and a bit near the joint and when I looked at the back of my palm..all  fingers held together I had a slight laugh at myself that it's no other finger but the middle finger which is sadly also known as the f*** finger has got puffed up and the rhyming words made be laugh.


I always feel that God has a very strange way of making me feel the presence by such gestures of pure joy in the most gloomy of times...and I am deeply grateful.💝

No comments: