Monday, February 7, 2022

A return gift to Papa's Daughter on his Birthday!

What better day then Papa's birthday (02/07) to put the blog I have been thinking to write since 15th Jan 2022...

I wanted to dedicate this blog to the 'Love' that only a loving father can express.

So, this year on Sankrati (Jan 15th - New Year per Hindu Cal.), I thought of starting something new - totally distant from work or say skills needed at work, even art/ crafts....something I never tried before and should be something from the resources I have but more of something that will push me in the uncomfortable 'Yes'.

While these thoughts were taking shape in my mind, I was lightening the oil lamp (evening)...something that I had started off-late and developed a kind of liking towards it. I noticed that it calms me down, makes me feel there is always an aura of blessing around me, the house I live-in feels more warm and a blessed abode. 


I sat near the lamp and was staring at the bright flame, was absorbed by the light it emitted and how beautiful it looked in the mud lamp...then my focus shifted to the cotton wick which was submerged in the oil and how it was the only connection producing light by converting the fuel...for some reason it all made me connect this to the body (oil/lamp) and soul (wick). I began to reflect at that thought more closely and out of somewhere a few words started to ring in my mind....about music...about flute...about the right mix of nodes....and right then I was pulled back to my initial thought.


I felt as if I then had my answer, I turned a bit and looked up at the book shelf placed near the adjacent wall. There, on the shelf were flutes that Papa had carried with him when he visited me at Bangalore and on the day when he was leaving....he left those with me. I said - "Papa what will I do?.. You take it with you....at-least you know how play flute..you might need them"

Papa replied - Keep it! I know you, eventually...you too will get it. Those words stuck with me and I began to ruminate. In a long time I had never felt this way...so assured, so trusted of my own abilities! 
Those words and the feeling of being so loved got itched on my heart...

I told myself...Maybe only a father is capable of expressing such depth of love. I felt immensely blessed, I signed-up to some random flute classes and every-time I practiced it that day...I knew my heart was smiling. I felt Papa's love. 


Happy Birthday, Papa! <3
(Happy that I could jot this and submit exactly at 11:59pm on 7th Feb :))


No comments: