Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Meri Bai (My Grandmaa)

I was on call with mummy this noon and she shared that it's Bai's sixth death anniversary and my elder Uncle and aunt are performing 'Navkar Mantra - Jaap' 

For a minute I went quite but had to pull back myself as I was on video call and mom would sense a change in my emotions or expressions.

Anyways, there is a lot to express and write about but I would just want to take a pause, from any actions rather let my feelings flow.....

I am on a bus and any journey for that matter, works like a catalyst to my feelings and emotions and they all surface and make there existence felt. Same for my memories with dear Daadi ❤️

I quickly went to Google photos and looked for that folder named as "Meri Bai"...Yes "Bai" is also lovingly and respectfully used for an elderly lady in Maharashtrian culture and yes, she was from Maharashtra.

I went back and forth with the collection of pics that I had with her and rest of family members, a lot of events, talks, laughter shared were recalled and I missed her more but my heart was in a state of deep gratitude, for the almighty for sending that beautiful soul in my own journey here on earth and for sending me all the love thru her.

I want to dedicate this post to her and her graceful life and over pouring love that kept us all wrapped in the warmth of her presence and care. 

(One where me and sis would tease her and kiss her soft cheeks)


(Our shared love for 'kulfi')


@Bai - Thank you for choosing us n me.

 And I salute your Grace, your legacy and boundless love ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒน.

I miss you and love you (always).


No comments: