Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Empty Pocket Days!


"Empty Pockets teaches million things in life..." 
But
"Full Pockets can spoil's U in million ways...................." :)  (by - Unknown)



Few days back I read the lines mentioned above & 
It took me back to the days when I was also 
with POCKETS in my pants but EMPTY :P. 

And the above lines are indeed very very true....Here in this post I would like to share My Empty Pocket Days....

As its said in the last 6 lines of the poem by Javed Akhatar Shab in movie..zindagi na milegi dobara
Jab jab dard ka baadal chaya
Jab ghum ka saya lehraya
Jab aansoo palkon tak aya
Jab yeh tanha dil ghabraya
Humne dil ko yeh samjhaya
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
Duniya mein yunhi hota hai
Yeh jo gehre sannaate hain
Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain
Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
Aankh teri bekaar hi namm hai
Har pal ek naya mausam hai
Kyun tu aise pal khota hai
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai 
Same was with me during the days of empty Pockets (while being employed during rescission) ! I was full of anger, negative thoughts....narrow mindedness, jealously....frustration & all that a human can go through ...either i was busy with the thoughts of more money coming to me or execution of on-hand task or beating the challenges been thrown by the time on me.

Today when I look back  at it...I SMILE :)...that 'Empty Pocket 'phase introduced me to a new ME...Like ..


1. when staying in a rented house & Cooking gas is over
My room partner was a gift to me by GOD ....she always helped me beyond what I could have even done being in her shoes....She used to pay my share of rent till the time I get my money & pay her back (all of course without any interest) ...I din't want her to again pay for the gas refilling as already her money was blocked. And since we use to have lunch & dinner outside just the need for gas was to Boil water for drinking or Heat milk for breakfast. Now the challenge was how do i heat the milk, water anyways I can get it from owner (2 bottles were sufficient)..I reminded myself that no situation is ever completely Awful ...A idea flashed in  my mind....As the milk use to be in chilled packet & I had mixer, I made cold coffee one day, another day I made cold chikoo shake with dry almonds, Another day I made Cold Bournvita milk...:)..i was full of excitement & the feeling of the achievement was great.....somehow this way i could actually cross a week time & got the Gas refilled at last.


2. when I understood the value of a HOMEMADE food & HANDMADE food
As I mentioned that I use to have my food outside ...may be due to laziness, lack of interest due to financial pressure & may be sometimes thinking that NO i can't afford it.....
One day after my food i just calculated the amount I had spend in the last couple of days...to my shock the home cooked food was way way way cost effective, more comfortable, a more rejuvenating one ....It not only keeps you busy in a creative ..colorful (Masala Dabba) way but also gives you a space to think apart from the stress you going through. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment by SAVING !


3. When Power pleasures is attained by purely Simple Things, Places or sometimes People ;)
In metro cities this is another HOLY RITUALS to go to malls on every weekends or at least pay homage (do the darshan of ) to to newly released Movies ...that too on Fridays. But Empty pockets doesn't allow the person to have the liberty to even think of such things...(BTW m not a follower of this holy ritual & stay way away from it unless have a gr8 company of a person to go with). 


Leaving aside movies in Multiplexes, I was determined to keep myself at the ultimate state of  being happy :))...I chose to do friendship with the cute little plants in my varanda, hardly they are 13 in numbers but they are my best friends & I talk to them every morning while watering them...they reply to my talks (all sorts of) by blooming flowers, more fresh leaves, climbers by growing in all possible weird directions & giving me a change to groom them.....My friendship with plants was their always from my childhood (in my hometown), where I loved to just glance at every plant & feel the happiness silently. Among all this plants was & is a grownup tree which was gifted by my schooldays best friend with a Chain & pendant hanging to it. And this tree knows me so well that every time I visit my home, only 1 yellowish orange  flower will be happily be their opening all its petals to its fullest as if its a HUG from it.:) & one day even this plant got hybrid underneath the soil, on its own & produced a reddish orange Flower...I was intensely happy. I thanked the supreme power in this world for such beautiful gift!.


Instead of Cafe Coffee Day or Tea Cafe's...My Fun time spot use to be Temples where eatables were offered to the visitors....it can be anything from..Parle biscuits, Jaggery rice made in pure ghee, Sweet powder made of grated coconut, sugar & lentil, Curd rice, if not atleast coconut & sugar balls were given as prashad (prasadam)...it was not that I couldn't even afford the cafe's but I couldn't have afford to open-up my mind to the rewards, blessings, peace that was surrounding me ...the ambiance of temples helped me feel the calmness, it gave me the strength to understand that I am much much much better at that point compared to anyone else..as I was their not to ask for anything but just to be happy & for a change - I felt so light at heart.


Instead of Shopping's - It used to be mostly window shopping's satisfying my two needs
1. A great inspirations for the creative mind for designs & 
2. Getting ready for the time when things will be back on track....I use to list dowwn things I want as per priority, If dresses, i use to sketch them down as i believed in the power of VISION BOARDS.
Also, I used to spend  some-time arranging my  wardrobe & segregate the cloths I am not gonna use again, Then I took this bundle of clothes to the same temple & distributed to the poor kids their....though my dresses were too big for them, They just wanted it & one after the other kids increased in number so much that I had to say enough..I am running short of dresses to give...:). Next day when I was passing from that temple road, I saw a Cute dark bubbly kid wearing my (fav.) magenta color T-Shirt & it was covering him till his knees...Ha ha..I felt My dress is NEW again...I loved that moment, That kid for happily accepting or my not be knowing about the dress, for seeing that no situation & no dress is ever completely awful..:P


Instead of swimming classes or gyms (though I never felt the need of it) ...I use to play with the kids of a IRON shop aunty, she use to take her kids along with her till she is working. It was fun, I felt like a kid again, no discrimination of How much I earn, what do I do...do I have any Sport items to play with....I thanked GOD for the best of Physical well-being....And I felt that  -LIFE is back in my LIFE  & to be happy one needs to be open for it. I also spent time just walking on quite roads at night - with my roommate & neighbor...spending a few moments  right under the sky....full of Twinkling stars.


Me signing Off with a Wonderful Quote by Reinhold Niebuhr :
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

No comments: