Thursday, May 17, 2018

That which reminds me of My Blessed Childhood.

Was shocked to see that it's been almost five months that I got back to my blogging canvas!...Feels like a terrible loss. But when I do the RCA ('Root Cause Analysis'....Yay! MBA lingo :P)

Nonetheless it feels so nice to be back and going. Yes, 'Going' in the sense that there were days when I want to write and write and write so much but thoughts were so dynamic that it was hard for me to really motivate myself to give it a shot.

In the recent past I have realized something about me - the Blogger or writer in me. It is in its best form and highly enthusiast if
- I have been on a long train journey that too having a window seat.
- Have been for a evening walk.
- Had a very productive and meaningful day. When I have been of some service to someone.
- Last, If i have been deeply feeling homesick, missing Mom, Feeling over joyed or Hurt. Yes, Now-a-days I get hurt very often and on smallest of things or words or with people. Seems like a wound within has never healed.

Well, what brought me back here was the strong sense of belonging...of being some help to my neighbor aunt who went through some surgery to get a the surgical thread removed from her stomach that was used a few years back when she delivered her second child.
(Do you remember this??)

I had offered to cook breakfast for her the next day and after realizing that I do not have enough ingredients for a healthy breakfast....I thought of taking a walk to the nearby grocery store. While walking I was thinking if My mom was here she could have just cared so much ....and  what would have she cooked to heal the body. This thought took me back to several instances where I am more than grateful for being a daughter of such kind and generous parents.

Let me recollect the instances here ...it feels so so so good.

  • During summers in central part of India, I was prone to get heat rash/ prickly heat....My mom would fight my Dad and convince her to send me to my maternal parents home as they had cooler and it would be better for me. 
  • Once when I was under chicken-pox, My mom observed a fast and went to temple every day for a few (specific no. of days).....I don't know if I really deserved so much of love.I have always been a rebellious kid/ adult as I was and I am more of a heart person (feelings matters most) than that of Mind (thoughts) and this contradicted with mine and Moms beliefs.
  • I heard that My Mom missed her elder brother's wedding just because she din't want it to be a trouble for her new born - me.
  • Maa is at one moment fuming with anger and the other moment she is just as cool as the shade of a blooming tree.
  • During summer, I was spoiled for choices and the carefree messiness...specially the way we use to eat fruits and juicy mangoes.
  • I was a free bird..be it what I feel, say, express or do!. I would play in the cozy corner of the garden which my Grandfather (Babuji) use to look after and would tie a rope around a hefty tree called 'Elephant Leg' and the window of Grandpa's room. Would feel so proud of my own little Hammock and being surrounded by the chirpy birds.
  • Most of the time I will be involved in deep introspection about something or the other...Primarily Life, people, Instances and the magical Sky with its Sun Moon & Stars.
  • Days when my Grandma (Bai) would read an article from the news paper and help me instill good thoughts and moral values.
  • Days when I am dead scared of exams and my aunt (Badi mom) will stay-up all night long with me and be a pillar of my strength.
  • Evenings when my uncle (dad's elder Brother) would bring us chocolates/ dry fruits and throw them in air for all of us (siblings) to catch.
  • Festivals, specially Diwali where we would be all dressed so well and go and meet neighbors, exchange festive food, seek blessings, make Rangolies and have a unannounced competition :) 
  • The very air, the trees, those morning bells from a nearby temple, those school days, the yum and soul satisfying food at home and at friends or cousin's home.
  • Another aunt who use to help me with my love for curly hairs.
  • Our house helps who were more or less our extended family who use to give us oil massages, do various beautiful hairstyles, cook whatever we ask for.
  • That designer dresses which we use to give designs and get them stitched.
  • The most awaited "birthdays and Gift from Mom & Dad"
  • And much more ............will take a stock some other day .
Above all - 'The intact innocence', 'The Go-getter life' and Pure LOVE that I have been blessed with.




No comments: