Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Time, Instances and Memories


Time, Instances and Memories - You must be wondering what this title is all about?

Well, this blog my personal space, a platform-cum-channel for self talk where the pure urge to write and a focused mind come together to jot down thoughts when the heart has expressions it cannot alone just feel but express.

My day was going good, relaxed... dwindling as the night was approaching. Mind, was as usual filled with thoughts. Thoughts of - a friend not being around, of missing another friend who just needs to be 'let go', about how uncertain life's events are, about Diwali holidays, about friend's Birthday, about TVF Trippling episodes :), about an old contact who pinged on whatsapp after a long time, about new born's of my x-roomies....

I would say - 'what-a- Falooda of thoughts' !!

In that urge of sharing the new Born's news I pinged another friend who was once my hostel-mate.....and all I get to hear back is - Tu Bhi kuch karle, Umr nikal rahi hai....budhi ho jaaegi (U also do something, time will slip off your hands, you are growing old). All I wanted to do was SCREAM!!! YES I KNOW :) but I took a deep breath and reminded myself to stay calm and look deeper into the source of this anger, the revolt, the disgust.

This event instantly made me feel a bit low as it conflicts with that what my heart follows and believes in and what others think is the way of life. I badly needed a Masala tea....so I had to drive to a nearby dairy to get a milk packet.

When I was stepping out from the dairy, I saw an old women on the other side of the road attempting to cross the road but was scared of speedy vehicles which kept the road busy. I couldn't hold myself and crossed the road to help her. This very moment released my heart of the emotional baggage...I felt elated. I thanked that supreme energy that surrounds me, molds events such like this and overlooks upon on me for my happiness - The very moment.

Back home, after a good cup of Hot Masala tea, I was thinking about Time, Instances and Memories.

And with a light heart and a clear mind I could remember all that I have written below:

Acceptance
Had heard or read this somewhere that whatever 'happens' we must know some point in life we would have asked for it and it is granted to us. Acceptance resolves half of the problem.

Promise to the self - In 'Now' and 'Then' I choose to be Happy
Similarly,  there are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. ~Laurell K. Hamilton and  I know I am still recovering from one. I am working on to be more kind and loving to myself, to be so happy and contented in my own company and to live upto that one promise I made to myself - In 'now' and 'then' I choose to be happy!

Memories 
Eventually everything becomes a Memory and a few purest of it travels a lifetime. Make sure that the heart is without any selfish interest so that we have more memories that travels along, once that makes us smile, brings twinkle in our eyes, resides in that one humm of a song, surfaces with that one fragrance, that one ambiance, that one moment!

At this moment when I have poured it all out, would like to share what I feel - Time can be difficult but we have the power to chose to react or respond. Instances can be disappointing but we have a choice to look for the light. And for Memories are the special events that tell our Story....Be there in the now!

No comments: